WELCOME TO BRASSETS
Substance misuse is one of the greatest challenges facing society in the 21st century. It is one of the leading causes of family violence, suicide, workplace accidents, road accidents and crime including burglary, armed robbery, assault and murder.
Brassets work to support individuals and workplaces with a selection of professional programs and services including policy & procedure development, investigation, clinical and laboratory services, substance testing programs and assistance programs.
Brassets are pleased to provide a comprehensive professional and affordable service.
WORKPLACE DRUG & ALCOHOL MANAGEMENT
Substance abuse can have devastating consequences in a workplace environment.As well as an increased safety risk, the consequences to an organisation include:
- Increased Safety Risk (3.6 X more likely to have an accident)
- Increased absenteeism (3 X more likely to be absent)
- Theft (6 X more likely to be involved in Theft & Fraud)
- Misconduct (2.2 X more likely to be dismissed fro misconduct)
- Reduced productivity (33% less productive than non drug misusers)
The average cost to an organisation of an illicit drug user is estimated at over $50,000 per annum.
As well as Legal requiremetns workplaces have a commercial responsibility to shareholders and owners to address workplace substance misuse as the catalyst behind low productivity, accidents and workplace misconduct.
Brassets provide an affordable professional service to organisations....
PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL DRUG TESTING
There are a wide range of reasons for individuals to conduct Drug & Alcohol testing. We illustrate some of the more common reasons:
- Job Requirements
- Court Directed
- Suspected Drink Spiking
- Child Custody Disputes
- Parental Concern
- Proof of abstenance
SCHOOLS & EDUCATION FACILITIES
School drug and alcohol management requires a professional proven approach. Brassets provide the following education facility services for all three stakeholder groups, Students, Parents and Faculty.
- Student education programs
- Faculty education
- Parent Drug education evenings
- Drug testing programs
- Drug & Substance investigation services
- Program Development
- Early detection and intervention
- Providing students with a reason to resist peer pressure
- Fulfilling your organisations duty of care in promoting a safe and drug free environment
- Increasing chances for students to have a successful future
Call Brassets for an initial discussion where we will provide information and advice from the worlds leading laboratories and School Drug Management services.
We are bombarded with media articles of athletes using Cocaine, Ice and performance enhancing substances. With 1 in 6 people using illicit drug substances it is not surprising that when you add competition and a ready supply of performance enhancing drugs that athletes of all levels have a high propensity to substance misuse.
Whilst professional sports have WADA requirements the feeder levels, amateur sports, school sports and age group national sporting competitions generally have no drug management programs. Clubs, sporting administrators and gyms have a responsibility to ensure fair competition. In addition to this by exposing athletes at earlier stages to drug management programs it allows sporting codes to provide early detection and intervention in an athletes career.
Brassets provide a complete service to clubs and sporting bodies including:
- Education and awareness training for sporting groups
- Administrator training programs
- Steriod and Stimulent Drug Testing
- Illicit Drug Testing
- Event Drug Testing programs
- Rehabilitation programs
- Policy & Procedure development
POLICE - DEFENCE - CORRECTIONS
Police, Corrective Service officers and Military personnal are all in positions of trust, often with access to firearms and operate in situations of extreame pressure and risk.
Most of these organisations throughout the world require a Hair Drug Test as a minimum requirement for pre-employment, promotion and incident or accident management.
Brassets offer the same Hair test as used by the NYPD, LAPD and the FBI. Our Hair Testing services are used by Police in Austra;ia and around the world.
The most effective initiative in a drug, alcohol management program is to ensure you stop employing drug addicts. Statistics show that Pre-Employment drug testing using urine will only detect one in every six addicts whereas Hair Drug Testing is virtually impossible to adulterate and will detect six times more addicts than Urine.
Brassets network of industry professionals can provide professional advice, assistance and even subsidised trials to ensure your organisation can build the most appropriate and cost effective program.
REAL ESTATE / RENTAL SECTOR
WHY DRUG TEST A HOUSE?
The smoking or manufacturing of methamphetamine results in airborne deposits on walls, surfaces, carpets, counters and furniture. Solid forms of methamphetamine can be spilled and worked into carpets and upholstery.
Even small amounts of contamination are known to have devastating effects on children, adults and pets living in affected dwellings
We recommend testing for meth as part of your client’s pre-purchase / Rental due diligence. They will thank you for it if a test comes back positive.
Some basic facts!
- Meth contamination is rarely visible
- Meth labs operate in all suburbs, rich or poor
- Meth production in houses has tripled in the past 5 years
- Properties contaminated by meth poses serious health risks.
- A standard professional clean will not remove the dangerous chemicals
- Decontaminating a property can literally cost tens of thousands of dollars
- If the property is badly contaminated, it may need to be demolished
- Insurance cover for decontamination of newly acquired property is unlikely
- Property with a meth history will typically sell well below market rates
- Strong odours (acrid, sour, ammonia, solvents, pungent smells)
- Windows covered with foils or plastics
- Renters who pay landlords cash
- Excessive trash and rubbish
- Unusual structures
- Increased activity, especially at night
- Discolouration of structures, soil and pavement or driveway
- Increased security systems or other devices
drug testingQUICK LINKS
By testing clothing, school bags and items you can test for drugs without breaking your trust relationship with the person.
Test devices are used by Police & customs throughout the world and detect the smallest of drug particles .